As Green Mountain College aspires to become a member of the NAIA for the 2018-19 academic year, the following is a list which describes some of the benefits of membership within the NAIA.
The Benefits of Playing in the NAIA
Student-athletes come first in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). Their needs, desires and ambitions guide the NAIA's every decision. They are the inspiration that drives the NAIA to make character a core component and benefit of all intercollegiate sports. That’s why the NAIA is here and why it stands apart.
The Opportunity to Play
- NAIA member colleges and universities give student-athletes the chance to compete and learn the ultimate benefits of teamwork and accomplishment.
- NAIA student-athletes experience what it means to be a championship-level competitor.
- NAIA institutions, administrators and coaches are in unique positions to positively impact the educational, athletic and emotional development of young people.
- Tight-knit campus communities mean closer interaction, stronger relationships, and personalized attention.
Character as a Guide
- The NAIA Champions of Character™ program provides student-athletes and member institutions with the training and positive examples of how character matters. It changes perspectives and fuels better performance on the field, in the classroom and in personal relationships.
- The NAIA helps prepare its athletes in leadership and in life through programs that help prepare them not only for competition and graduation, but also leadership roles after college.