Housed in the WAC, the indoor pool has undergone numerous renovations over the years. It features six lanes for lap swimming, office space, adjoining men and women's locker rooms, and a 150 person viewing area.
The sports medicine staff uses the pool for therapy and injury prevention while the college offers a number of scuba, kayak, and canoeing courses, which utilize the space for training.
Policies and Procedures
The athletic department sponsors open swim and an adult lap swim during the academic year. The pool is open several days and/or evenings during the week to the campus community. For an updated schedule, please see the schedule below which is also posted in the WAC pool lobby.
All other activities in the pool must be scheduled through the Athletic Director, who can be reached at 802-287-8238.
The pool will be closed for Reading Week as the students leave on break.
- No Running on the pool deck
- Hazardous play activities (as determined by the guard) are not permitted
- No food, gum or glass in pool area
- Beverages must be in a re-sealable plastic container approved by the guard.
- Jumping from the sides of the pool must be done with caution in a safe manner, diving only from the deep end
- Flotation devices may not be used as a substitute for swim ability in deep water
- All watercraft must be clean prior to pool use and may only be used during designated times(see Green Map)
- Exit via ladders
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Obey lifeguard instructions at all times
The Waldron Pool is currently experiencing mechanical problems and will be closed until further notice.
Once more information regarding a timeline for repair is available, we will share this right away.
We apologize for any inconvenience.