The Eagle Fitness Center (EFC) is used by varsity athletic programs, students, and faculty to keep fit throughout the year. Renovated in 2005, the EFC features state-of-the-art cardio equipment complete with personal cable televisions, a central sound system and flat screen TV. Additionally, MATRIX free weights and single-station weight machines provide ample opportunity for strength gains.
One entire wall of the EFC houses windows providing an exceptional view.
General Use Policies. The Eagle Fitness Center is for the use of Green Mountain College students, faculty and staff. A GMC issued ID is required for admittance. Faculty and staff may secure an ID for members of their immediate family: spouses, civil union partners, domestic partners, and children. Students, faculty and staff may also each bring one guest. However, the sponsoring student, faculty or staff must sign their guest in and remain with their guest.
Failure to abide by these policies may result in the loss of your privilege to use the EFC.
Participation is at your own risk. Users are responsible for reading and adhering to posted rules throughout the facility.
- You must present your ID card to any staff member upon request
- Appropriate and clean athletic footwear and attire is required
- no opened toed or casual shoes, boots or otherwise soiled footwear
- clean and appropriate exercise attire required. Shirts must be worn at all times
- No food allowed. Personal water bottles must be capped
- No foul or abusive language
- No pets allowed
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Thirty minute maximum on cardio machines when people are waiting
- Compliance with free weights use includes the following:
- rack all dumbbells after use
- strip bars and rack plates in proper storage area after use
- do not slam, drop, or throw dumbbells/plates
- Wipe down all cardio/matrix machines and benches after use
- Treat staff and patrons with respect at all times
- Personal use towels are available – please return to the front desk before you leave
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact: